Monday, March 15, 2010

This week

We're about to take the big plunge... well, that's what some call it. I would like to call it a shared expression of our own personal bliss that we experience daily. It's our life. It's our relationship. Now, it's our marriage. We're getting married on Saturday, the first day of Spring. I'm just thrilled.
Yesterday was our last day of our premarital counseling. We passed. Our officianto, father, father-in--law is to marry us, and I have a big feeling that there's not going to be a dry eye in the place. I know that I'm working on my vows, but seems like there's not always words to describe our feelings to one another.
Yesterday was Sunday morning. We have a great weekend. We've kinda started celebrating already and we invited Louie and an uncle of Adams over for dinner on Saturday night. I cooked dinner, and Adam and I cleaned the house. (It desperately needed it, and I felt so proud of our home.) Louie's been living in Chile for 3 years without a visit home, and he was glad to be here with us. I made filet's marinated in worchester, onions, spices, oil, water and bay leaves. I broiled it in the oven for about 30 minutes (flipped once.) Served with Italian spinach (an elegant taste) and roasted parsnips. Incredible! We went and listened to Jake's Leg at Llewyellns' Pub in Webster Groves and danced our butts off. It was great. We saw a couple there that just got married that day, and we congratulated them.
We made it home pretty late, and I went to bed. Sunday Funday! I woke up and my future husband just looked over at me and said, " I turned over and I am so glad that you're here next to me." I lost it. I am so fortunant to be loved, and to be loved whole-heartedly.
We have a love that is bigger than the both of us, and we share it with everyone we contact. I read this little Mother Teresa writing, and I felt moved by it- I shared it with Adam because this encompasses his life:
"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your husband or wife, to a next door neighbor. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile. Kindness in your warm greeting." - Mother Teresa
I am a witness to his life and his love. I am his woman. He's mine.
It's a happy time in our life, and I am soaking it up.
Here's to the last week of being "single." Ciao!

No comments: