Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Why haven't I been blogging?

I'll tell you why! Life with a baby is different, and I have been feeling overwhelmed. I have been trying to simplify life-- daily duties and reminders. Sometimes it seems like my to-do list is week long to do lists. Then, life happens.

What I mean is that even when all things are going as smoothly as they should-- I have a great day at work on a Monday, and the next is horrid. That was this week, thus far. So, Ryan had a fever over the weekend, and we nursed her back to health. Adam stayed home on Monday and I have Tuesdays off for the time being. Yesterday we had a doctor's appointment, and she had her 4 month shots. She has an eye infection from being sick, and she's G.R.U.M.P.Y. That's not like my happy, bubbly little girl.
I have to admit: I am a worry-wort. I worry about not being around enough or not getting home soon enough. And, I worry about how when she's sick things can go wrong. She's just so sweet and innocent, and her body is changing. I can't stop sickness, and I don't even know if I can prevent it. We're clean at home, but her little immune system is still developing, and she can get sick. POOR BABY GIRL!

I also have a little rant. I know I subjected my child to a life long fight against the odds with her name. Ryan- everyone has made a mistake of her gender. Our insurance company, the pharmacy, even the doctor's office. I just keep thinking that she'll be so noble- as her name means. And, on top of that, she'll be so proud of her name.

No comments: