Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Swimming and Labor Day!

One big thing has been missing from my life this summer. Swimming! Sadly, I wasn't able to do so- then the weather wasn't really cooperative in that it was chilly. In South Dakota, it wasn't summer at all yet. The same for Yellowstone and North Dakota. In Texas I got to swim once.
Last Summer we had a pool membership, and we were there daily! I love the pool most of the time, and it's a nice way to cool off.

I'm being reminded of this fact today. It's warm outside. We've already been on our errands and to the park, so that we wouldn't have to melt our faces later today. The other thing is that since we're going to be in Tennessee and Arkansas for the next few days, I'm thrilled I'll be able to swim! Hallelujah!

We're going to Tennessee for a quick hello to my sister (who I can't wait to see), my mom, and my dad. It's only been since June, but I'm so happy that I get to see them again. We may not be able to do this again until Christmas or Thanksgiving, so I'm going to soak it up.

Then, the big weekend in Searcy, Arkansas with my husband's side of the family will include more fun,water (swimming), and boats. I'm really excited. I don't waterski- (What?) sadly, so I'll be soaking up the sun and hanging out.

I hope that Ryan has a blast with everyone. I'm even probably going to attend my high school's football game this friday. Holy cow. 10 years since I've been there. I can't wait to see my sister play her drums. I've never seen her! She's in the tenth grade, and she's darling. I'm so stoked to hang out for a hot minute with her!

Happy Labor Day all!



No comments: