Monday, March 21, 2011

Relatives and Immediate Family


"Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be, baby, won't you carry me...."

I went to Tennessee to visit my family for the week last week. It was such a sweet time, and special for me as a mother. Ryan hadn't met her grandfather, my dad, Pop. And, I was so excited about that occasion. When I pulled into Memphis, I stopped at my dad's house, and brought the little girl inside the house. He thought she was the most beautiful baby! (Yeah, that's what I think, too.)
I left there to go to my second mother's house, Beverly's and we had dinner and stayed the night. Ryan was pretty tired after our road trip, so Tuesday morning we took it easy and were slow moving. This was our date day with Pop.
We met him at his house and sat next to the wood s
tove and warmed up. Then, I had the brilliant idea to go visit my grandmother (Pop's mother), Grandmater. Ryan would meet her Great Grandmother, and I hadn't seen her in a while. She lives in a nursing home-- and since I work in a nursing home, I know how important it is to go visit. And, I'm pretty proud that I do my best to visit her when I can. It was great. I have a great photo from the visit, and my sweet 91 year old grandmother held my daugther. She cried as we left, and it just tore at my heart strings. I love her so much, and I have such good, good memories of her and growing up being close to her. I'm so blessed to have been loved by such wonderful people my entire life. Love really is all you need.

Wednesday was my much needed pampering day-- but just to prepare for this, I had lots of work to do. I pumped all night for enough mild to be gone for most of the day. I was headed to my salon for my haircut, and it went well. I felt immediately better once my hair was done. (Pregnancy hair on me was not becoming- it became super heavy and too thick.) Next... I needed to ditch the maternity jeans. Sadly, they are still the only ones that fit me, but they. are. frumpy. I'm so glad they're outta here. I found a pair of bellbottom jeans- that I love. They are so becoming and make me feel like a new woman. (For a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl- at least one pair of jeans is a necessity.)
I went to my mom's mother's house and Ryan had some special time with her other great-grandmother. Be still my heart! Ryan was so well behaved while I was gone. And, I'm starting to feel better every day. My confidence improved significantly just due to that little pampering I did for myself. Here's to losing the baby weight, and getting back into shape!
Thursday was a shopping day, and dinner date with my dad. My sister and I found some cute items, and I bought some homeware items (new pillows for our bed and sheets.) My grandmother (Moose) found some old bedding that she no longer wanted, and I got it! It's darling for Ryan when she has her own room.
I met my dad with Ryan at a historic restaurant to the Memphis Restaurant scene. Jim's Place East (known for Greek food.) I had a glass of JFJ Almond Sparkling wine and had Moussaka for my meal. It was soo decadent and flavorful. I had forgotten what eating out felt like at a nice, posh restaurant. It was a blast and a nice dinner date with my daddy.
Friday, I picked up some mature wisteria plants for my sister-in-law. And, I knew she would be so excited to have them. I headed back to Missouri with a car full. New Pillows, all of Ryan's items, new bedding, wisteria plants, a potted tulip, and potted plants... I am so thankful for my family always thinking of us and helping us in any way.

The Weekend:
This is our anniversary weekend! We've been married a year! It doesn't seem like that long ago, but we did have a baby within the year. We traveled around alittle bit, and we are very happy.
Happy Anniversary on the first day of Spring!

No comments: