Sunday, December 12, 2010

34 Weeks

Oh boy. I'm so uncomfortable. I eat... I'm uncomfortable. I sleep- uncomfortable. I sit- uncomfortable. It's 3 am now, and I can't sleep.

Even though I can't sleep, I am watching our first winter snow fall in St. Louis. And, I miss the snow from Wyoming. It's so beautiful. It just falls so quietly and morphs all the dark, dingy roads and roofs to brilliant white. My baby and I have just shared our first snow. And, even though he/she isn't outside... the stillness I feel is awe-inspiring.

I have 6 weeks left. Adam and I are getting excited talking about our family and the new changes that we're going to see. I'm so thankful for him. He's going to be such an amazing father, and be so loving to his child. Keeping me going is not knowing the gender. Either way, we will be so thrilled- but, it's like the light at the end of the tunnel. It definitely gives me something to look forward. Boy or Girl, we'll love 'em so very much.

I'm going to make my first purchases for "little one" today. I need a crib sheet and some onesies. We have one other purchase-- the car seat! Can't get the little one home without it.

So, Christmas is coming... I do love Christmas. It's our first married christmas, and I'm pregnant. That's a pretty wonderful gift, if you ask me. And, yes, it's been a tumultuous journey, but I know it will be worth it.


On to other things... Our house is just becoming more and more lovely. We have a fire most days to keep us warm. And, I think I have been nesting- washing walls, curtains, sheets, and dusting. We have so much to be thankful. We are happily behind the times, and we have such sweet moments. I am so in love with my husband and my child-- and our life. It's modest but happy.







No comments: