Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Day in the Life

The last 3 weeks I've probably heard everyday at work this question:

"Are you still here?"
I smile and say, "yep."

Every night I go to be early... rise at about 6:40a.m. I make my lunch, my morning coffee/cocoa, and hop in the car. I head to work and being as big as I am now, I have some trouble moving myself out of our sweet Volvo when I arrive at work. I waddle around all day. Walking up and down halls and in and out of offices, I wear myself out. Then, I get home. I take my shoes off, and my sweet husband caters to most of my needs. I've written here how uncomfortable I am, but this is the hardest physical feat I've ever endured.

So, today I'm 39 weeks. The baby is likely the main thing on my mind most of the time. I'm preoccupied. I have baby brain. I'm wondering when this little one is going to grace us with his/her presence and how it's going to feel to hold my baby. I'm excited and nervous and scared. It's awesome.
39 weeks, and I've read that it could go longer than 40 weeks... jeez. I guess I'm just going to go into spontaneous labor. I've had several BH contractions... and some pains that I think are contractions. Nothing official though. No visits to the WEU, no "signs" if labor. I'm assuming that it will all happen on it's own. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Our house looks great. Besides my relationship with my husband, it's something I'm really proud of. We've got food galore. It's clean and posh. Nice environment to welcome a new bundle. 1421 Cutter is ready.

So, here's to another week. We'll see the doc Tuesday, and see what he says.

Night.

1 comment:

Julie Holt said...

Can't wait to see pics of your sweet baby! I hope you are as comfortable as can be and that you have a smooth labor!