Friday, September 13, 2013

Let's Get Honest

I've been seeing a lot of overlap in my personal life... big "ah-ha" moments. Things that I'm reading all around have been paralleling each other. I've noticed some differences happening in my life and I know that God is working in my life.

I'm doing bible study with my sisters, Adam's sisters. And, it's Beth Moore's A Woman's Heart. It's really incredible, and she is an incredible speaker.  The reason I mention this is because I have noticed that we as humans are problematic. We all have problems-- I have problems... it's just the way it is.

I notice that a lot of my facebook feed is filled with articles and posts on the problems we have as women and the things that we analyze and over analyze. I myself am guilty of that. I find myself happy with other people and their lives while I find myself comparing mine to them. And, it isn't healthy. I spent quite a lot of time away from facebook for the first two years of my daugther's life. I was not in the right place to be looking at other's photos etc. I have a problem in that I start comparing myself/my life to others instead of embracing the beautiful life that I have. I admit this here. I confess it here. And, it's probably something other people can identify with.  I gave the good ol' facebook up on purpose, and it was good and refreshing.

This realization came to me after reading an article directed toward women and how our nature makes us do that... or our society makes us compare in this way. We do it constantly. We, as women, watch other people and the way they walk and dress and act. And, facebook is just one other way for us to perpetuate that. I thankfully have found a way to be in control and make good ol' facebook a positive outlet.

I am on facebook regularly. I think I've finally figured out how I can use my facebook visit positively. I keep what I need to do on my mind and I have a purpose in what I post...The reason I use it now is for the right reason. I'm writing (like I am right now). I'm identifying with others and trying to contemplate our problems. I'm attempting to start a cottage industry on etsy with my little shop... that I pray to God succeeds. It isn't easy- it's hard work. 

My life is changing all the time. I simply am writing this to you today to encourage you. I hope that with whatever you are struggling, that you find peace about it. I pray that you have realization and open your eyes to the beautiful wonderful things we are given by God. I realize that I'm not perfect and that I have problems too, but I want to be better!

No comments: