Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Work It Out

Bummer! I haven't been able to hike like I was at the start of this adventure. I forgot the carrier at home, and this is more of a biking community. I can see why since they have 400 miles of bicycle trails around the Metro Des Moines Area. Pretty sweet, but not when you don't have a bike.

However, there's a gym at most every hotel where I can keep fitness a priority. I do have a weakness for ellipticals, but they don't do any different motions (obviously), and it doesn't really change the workout. But, I have a new favorite workout. Youtube! Oh man, my sister in laws introduced me to Tracy Anderson, and I'm impressed. She's amazing. I love her arm workouts, and I already see improvement.

On my post "A short story of weight," I confessed I have jiggly arms. Well, let me tell you, that is quickly, and I mean quickly, changing. There's no requirement for equipment other than your computer or your phone, and her workouts are usually filmed in 8-10 minute segments. The segments are perfect for a mom with a needy child...You can choose one to do and then it's over.

Her rhythm is different, and she's got some interesting moves. I've done her leg segments, and they aren't easy. I'm going to keep doing them for a while, and see what happens.

I would also like to do a 5k again soon, so I'm going to look and see if I can find one to do in the next week and a half.  I'm down to 9 minute miles- which is getting pretty good. I'm worn out, but I can slow it down for 3 miles I think.

I do wish I was hiking in the mountains some days, but this has its own fun. I can hike in Missouri pretty much any weekend, so I'm embracing the change-up for the moment.

I just wanted to give those of you who want something different in your workout something fun to try. And, my arms are changing every day! I love it!

No comments: