Friday, June 21, 2013

Fireflies and Sunsets

I am so surprised by my visit home! I can't remember the last time I ran into someone from my high school. Yes, I grew up in a small town and everybody know my mom. I've come home for holidays primarily to see family. Last night, my little family and a I (minus Adam) went to the music in the park for Logan-Jenkins Band. And they played some awesome songs. I have to give them credit for being awesome themselves too. Warren Haynes, OCMS, Cash, and their own songs too- it was stellar. I recorded a song that I plan on posting FB because it is a true southern boys' heart felt song. Lyrics that pull at the heart strings- it was so good! And a nice time to see old friends from school- people that are dear to my heart even though I don't see them often. Today is the Summer Solstice and it means that every day gets shorter from here on out. It also reminds me that I should look around and enjoy the view. Last night we had a spectacular sunset outside my mom's back door and fireflies abundant. They lit up the meadow filled with rolled hay bales. Their flicker is just mesmerizing and the sudns that fill the air seem beautifully orchestrated. It was a good warm night with a huge waxing moon rising to the East. I smiled and thought of my husband- we love looking at La Luna. We've been apart a week now and I miss him! He's working hard in this heat, making himself meals, and calling us when possible. I know he would have loved the live music and I would have liked to have him in my little town to see our girl dance and play the way I used to. She wanted to dance as we love dance parties, but I have to admit it wasn't the same with out my dance partner, Adam. We still did dance, but it made me miss dancing with him. And under the sweet Southern sunset would have made it even more memorable. Anyway, I love seeing people doing well, and these fellas (Logan-Jenkins Band) that played last night- they are going to do well. i'm glad I could witness them in their early stages!

No comments: