Thursday, May 16, 2013

Where we are today

Hello stranger blog,

It's been a crazy couple of months. I've been posting of facebook regularly, but no blogging. Shame on me. But, that's the way is goes.

I'm going to tell you about the changes in our lives and go from this point forward. We're a traveling family of three. We arrived on Mother's Day to the beautiful state of South Dakota, and we're in Rapid City. Three weeks ago, I could not have imagined that my (our) lives would have changed so quickly. But, it did.

My husband and I have been keeping his working out of town scenario for the last 15 months, and I stay home in our big brick house in the city and hold down the fort. Recently, in April, Ryan and I went to visit our hero in Buffalo, New York and we got a small taste of what it is like. Well, not knowing what was to come, my husband was offered a position that we couldn't refuse. However, it included me quitting my job and moving around the country with him. I'm a "stay-at-the-hotel" mom now. It's so different.

Here's the bonus: I get to hike everyday! And, we have since we've been here. We've visited the Badland National Park, and we're going to the Black Hills daily. It's a beautiful place here, and I'd never travelled through or been here at all. There's lots of Indian Reservations, and a huge population on Native Americans here in Rapid City. I like it.

I've been cooking in the hotel room- getting gourmet in an electric skillet. And, I've made some healthy substantial meals for us. I'm thinking I'll start chronicaling this now, and keep myself up to date on my endeavors.

Here's the list now, and here's a few photos to follow. I'll be sure to write more tomorrow during baby girl's nap time, but I made my first post in months and I'm thrilled! Happy Thursday, May 16th!




Here's what we've had: (meatlover's only.)

Monday night: Apple Bourbon Pork Tenderloin, Herbed potatoes, and salad with fresh herbs.
Tuesday: Chicken Sausage with apples and onions, wild rice, and green gazpacho (Jodi, I owe you that recipe.)
Wednesday: chicken cutlets with fresh mozzarella, fresh tomato relish (garlic, parsley, olive oil, s+p), basil pesto, toast, and side salad.
Thursday: Gnocchi & brocolli with thyme and lemon brown butter sauce and salad. 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love having these updates, B. Keep 'em coming! :) Love you!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great adventure! Can't wait to hear more and am massively impressed that you can cook that in a hotel room. Great example of not letting your obstacles stand in your way.